The best way to stream from a gaming console to Facebook Gaming is with the right computer – See Below for Details – and a capture card, such as the Elgato Game Capture Card HD60 S. If, however, you own an Xbox One and either don’t have or can’t afford a capture card at the moment, feel free to follow along.
Note: This process was discovered after countless, frustrating hours of research and failed experiments.
What You Need:
- Xbox One Console
- Facebook Gaming
- Streamlabs OBS (Open Broadcasting Software)
- Xbox Console Companion App
- PC Computer or Mac Computer with Windows 10 Software
- Good Internet Connection
1) Internet Connection
To stream video games, the FCC advises a minimum of 6 Mbps where 3 or more users may be online at once. For users running high demand applications, like HD movies and video chat along with their online gaming, an internet speed of 15 Mbps or more is suggested.
I own an HP Pavillion with 12 GB of RAM. It does the job without a problem. As a minimum, however, Twitch recommends at least an Intel Core i5-4670 processor (or its AMD equivalent), 8GB of RAM and Windows 7 or newer. I will add here that all the games based on the required Xbox Console Companion App were designed for Windows 10 and Microsoft stopped extending support for Windows 7 as of January 14th, 2020. In other words, use Windows 10.
For Mac computers, I’ve been told that the Xbox Companion App will work if Windows 10 is installed.
3) Facebook Gaming & Streamlabs OBS
* To get started with and/or install Facebook Gaming and Streamlabs OBS – CLICK HERE
* TO STREAM GAMES FROM YOUR XBOX CONSOLE COMPANION TO FACEBOOK GAMING WITH STREAMLABS OBS IS WITH – DISPLAY CAPTURE – AS YOUR GAMING SOURCE.
** IF DISPLAY CAPTURE GIVES YOU A BLACK SCREEN, THE MOST LIKELY ISSUE IS WITH YOUR DISPLAY ADAPTER.
To Disable Display Adapter on Windows 10:
- Right click on Windows symbol in bottom left corner of screen
- Scroll down and click on Device Manager
- Click on the right arrow next to Display adapters
- In the drop down menu, right click on the display adapter that is NOT your default adapter (NVIDIA more than likely) and choose to disable the device.
*** FOR PC GAMERS, REMEMBER TO RE-ENABLE THE DISPLAY ADAPTER FOR BEST PERFORMANCE WHILE PLAYING PC GAMES.
4) Xbox Console Companion App
Step 1. If you need to install the Xbox Console Companion App – CLICK HERE. If not, move to Step 2.
Step 2. If you need to connect the Xbox Console Companion App to your Xbox One – CLICK HERE. If not, move to Step 3.
Step 3. Open the Xbox Console Companion App on your Windows 10 based computer, scroll down and click the console icon – far left menu, second icon from the bottom.
Step 4. If your Xbox One is not On, click Turn On to the right of your Xbox One device.
Step 5. Go back to Streamlabs OBS.
5) Streamlabs OBS
When you are ready to stream to Facebook Gaming, click the GO LIVE button on the bottom right of Streamlabs OBS. You will see 2 Pop-Up Screens. In Pop-Up #1, choose whether to share your new stream to Facebook before you go live and then click Go Live again. In Pop-Up #2, you will choose the Facebook Page you want to stream to, create a title and description, choose the game you will stream and whether to share your stream to your Twitter account or not. Once you have completed this form, click “Confirm & Go Live”.
6) Back to Xbox Console Companion App
Click Stream. You are officially streaming to Facebook Gaming – Congratulations.
If you have any questions or problems, feel free to send me a message. I won’t promise to have the answer, however. I can only promise to do what I can.
P.S. – Be sure to follow us on Facebook Gaming – @GameSpartans